Kids' Security on the Internet
- Cyber Patrol
- Foolproof - For Mac and Windows Used in thousands of schools nationwide for classroom, lab, library, home and office Macintoshes. FoolProof for Windows is a computer security program which allows you to provide multiple layers of protection for your computer. With FoolProof you can protect files, limit the creation of directories and new files, disable access to applications, limit or deny access to DOS, and prevent people from changing the program manager. You can also create user groups which allow you to create different levels of security for different users.
- National Computer Security Association
- NetNanny - Filters words, phrases or sites.
- Safe Surf - Developed and implementing the Internet Rating Standard
- SurfWatch - Block what is being received at any individual computer, children and
others have less chance of accidentally or deliberately being exposed to unwanted material.
- Ballad of an EMail Terrorist - What do you do when your fourth grade student receives an obscene email message? This article describes a recent real problem and how it can be managed.
- Child Safety on the Information Superhighway
- Child Safety On the Information Highway - For parents, teachers, and kids published by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The brochure identifies the benefits, myths, and risks of using the Internet.
- Creating a Child Safe Internet -The major events that have lead to the current state of Cyberspace.
Information Filtering Resources - Designed as a resource for people conducting research in information filtering
- What's a (Teacher, Parent, Administrator) to Do? - How should educators react when confronted in the classroom with the Internet's seamier side -- the online adult bookstore phenomenon? A
thoughtful approach that lets cool heads prevail.
- BESS Filtering Services
Acceptable User Policies