Edward Bosworth TSYS School
of Computer Science
Spring Semester 2011 Courses To Be Taught
presents some preliminary descriptions of the courses I am scheduled to teach
for Spring 2011. Please be aware that I may make changes at any time before January 2011.
Textbook: PAC EMERGE WITH COMPUTERS V 2.0
PUBLISHER: Cengage Learning
Course Link: Here is a link to my web page
material on CPSC 1105.
The student should be aware that CSU is changing to a new course content
manager, so that the MyITLab product is no longer being used.
Assembler Language on the IBM Mainframes.
I wrote the book. It is available online and may be downloaded for free.
Course Link: Here is a link to my web page material on CPSC 3121.
Offering: Here is the lecture
schedule for the Spring 2010 offering.
The Spring 2011 offering should be quite similar.
PUBLISHER: Jones & Bartlett Publishers, Incorporated
Course Link: Here is a link to my web page material on CPSC 3165.
Previous Offering: The
last time I taught this course was in May Session 2009.
With the full semester format available for Spring 2011, the
course design will be somewhat different.
Course Focus: This course is built around three
1. The skills required to interview well and get a job.
2. The expectations for professional behavior while on a job.
3. The expectations for ethical behavior while on a job.
Projects: Here are three projects that will be part
of the course.
1. Each student will write a resume and have it reviewed for grammar,
spelling, and style by the writing center.
2. Each student will participate in one or more practice job interviews.
3. Each student will participate in an interview
at the Career Expo,
held from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 30.